Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Stuffed deliciousness

I made something different for dinner that I've never made before! Didn't use a specific recipe; just browsed a few different ones real quick earlier today and then used what I already had at home. Most recipes say to use ground beef, I used pork sausage just because I already had a pound thawed out. Most called for rice; I used potatoes instead. I just kind of threw stuff in that I thought would be good, and they turned out great, and very tasty.

Pre-heated oven to 350

To the browned pork sausage, I added:

1/2 chopped onion
1/2 can whole new potatoes; diced
1/2 can black beans
1/2 can sweet corn
1 whole can diced tomatoes w/ chiles (including juice)
1/3 can regular diced tomatoes (no juice)
1/4 cup salsa (it was just a tad too dry and needed a little something)

Garlic salt and pepper

I used 3 peppers; washed, cut and microwaved for 4 minutes while I was making the filling.

Once the filling had cooked down some, I mixed in two handfuls of colby jack shredded cheese. With the pepper halves on a baking sheet, I filled them with the mixture and topped off with some more cheese. I then baked for about 30 minutes until the peppers were tender.

Only the oldest boy was home, but he ate two halves and cleaned his plate completely, so I guess I did good! I thought they were delicious!

I seldom make different things, but I'm trying to branch out. This is a good start.






No comments:

Post a Comment